Hiring can be a time-consuming, frustrating process. While the average time-to-hire is about 20 to 30 days, it is often over 40 days for companies in many industries, such as defense, information technology, and scientific research.
Streamlining recruiting is a priority for organizations because they need qualified candidates to fill vital jobs. Unfortunately, it has become difficult for employers to recruit top applicants due to a talent shortage that shows no sign of ending.
This problem has been growing for the past decade. Companies across all industry sectors have implemented digital transformation initiatives and adopted new technology. As a result, their requirements have changed for many jobs. However, many applicants’ skills have not kept pace. So, companies receive many applicants for positions, but few have the right skills and qualifications.
Organizations must hire top talent to maintain their competitive edge. So, many have adopted an industry-leading pre-employment testing solution like the eSkill Talent Assessment PlatformTM to screen candidates quickly.
Why Pre-Employment Testing May Be Your Missing Link
The eSkill Talent Assessment PlatformTM is a complete pre-employment testing solution that provides all the tools your HR team needs to make sound recruiting decisions. You can use the following tools to remove the guesswork from hiring and make decisions based on hard data by reviewing pre-employment test results.
- Skills Tests: You can send skills tests to applicants automatically, sort the results, and instantly see which candidates are best qualified.
- Behavioral Assessments: Using behavioral assessments with pre-employment tests lets you see which candidates are the best fit for a job and your corporate culture.
- Video Response Questions: Video response questions help you evaluate skills that cannot be measured effectively with a written assessment, such as verbal communication and foreign language proficiency.
- Team Scoring: Team scoring enables hiring teams to score individual interviews based on predefined criteria. Once all reviewers have provided feedback, you and your team approve and automatically average candidates’ scores.
How Pre-Employment Testing Streamlines Recruiting
When we ask HR teams how the eSkill Talent Assessment PlatformTM helps them streamline recruiting, this is what we hear.
- Simplifies Screening: Organizations often receive thousands of responses for a single job posting. When applicants submit pre-employment tests, they do not need to spend hours manually reviewing resumes. They can instantly identify top applicants by ranking the results by score and eliminating unqualified applicants.
- Extensive Assessment Library: The eSkill Assessment Library includes hundreds of validated job- and subject-based pre-employment tests. eSkill clients like the flexibility of using pre-prepared skills tests and adding or deleting questions as needed.
- Customize Pre-Employment Tests: MostHR leaders agree that standard pre-employment tests do not perfectly mirror job requirements. This means they need the ability to build customized assessments. With the eSkill Talent Assessment PlatformTM, they can create pre-employment tests using questions from multiple assessments and even add their own questions.
- Create a Single, Comprehensive Pre-Employment Test: It is often necessary to evaluate multiple skills for a single job. For instance, if an HR team at a law firm is recruiting an administrative assistant with strong MS Office® proficiency, they could build a pre-employment test using questions from MS Word®, MS Excel®, Legal Terminology, and Legal Typing skills tests.
- Job Simulations: Simulations make it possible to present applicants with common job scenarios so HR teams can observe how candidates will perform. For example, if an HR team for a hospital or medical group was hiring patient representatives, recruiters could create a pre-employment test using questions from the Medical Terminology, HIPAA—Health Insurance Coverage, and Customer Service skills tests and add Chat and Multitasking simulations.
- Video Response Questions: Some attributes, such as verbal communication and foreign language skills, are difficult to measure using a written assessment. With the eSkill Talent Assessment PlatformTM, HR teams can include video response questions in pre-employment tests to evaluate these skills.
- Dedicated Assessment Expert: The eSkill Talent Assessment PlatformTM is so easy to use that most clients set it up and start using it the same day. However, HR professionals still like knowing they can get help if needed. Every client that purchases an eSkill subscription is assigned a Dedicated Assessment Expert who can answer questions and assist in developing department and enterprise-wide hiring strategies.
Get Started with Pre-Employment Testing
Business operations run smoothly when the best people are in the right jobs. Studies show that if your organization replaced 20% of its average talent on a project team with top talent, the project would take less than two years to complete if the team was 400% more productive and less than a year if it was 800% more productive. It also showed that if a competitor hired talent that was 20% better than yours, that company would beat you to market on the same project, even if you had a year or two head start.
Implementing a pre-employment assessment testing solution takes the guesswork out of hiring so you can achieve results like these. You can also reduce recruiting costs and decrease time-to-hire. Many eSkill clients have cut hiring costs by 70% and reduced time-to-hire by 60%.
Do you want to learn how pre-employment testing can be the missing link in your hiring process? Contact us to request a demo.