Hiring is a complex, time-consuming, and often frustrating process. The average time-to-hire is typically between 20 and 30 days, but it can be over 40 days for companies in the IT, finance, management, research, and engineering sectors.
Simplifying hiring is a big priority for companies because they need to find top talent to fill critical vacancies. Many organizations are struggling to find the talent they need due to an unprecedented talent shortage that shows no signs of ending.
Although many people think the COVID-19 pandemic caused the current talent shortage, the problem has been growing for the past decade. Organizations adopted new technology and implemented digital transformation initiatives. As a result, the skills required for many jobs changed, and many applicants’ skills have not kept pace.
Businesses need an efficient way to find and onboard top talent to maintain their competitive edge. Many have adopted a pre-employment assessment solution like the eSkill Talent Assessment PlatformTM so they can quickly identify candidates who are qualified for their job roles and eliminate unqualified applicants.
Comprehensive Pre-Employment Testing Solution
The eSkill Talent Assessment PlatformTM is a comprehensive pre-employment assessment solution that provides all the tools you need to make good hiring decisions.
- Skills Tests: Automatically send skills tests to candidates and sort results to see which candidates are best qualified for the job you need to fill.
- Behavioral Assessments: Use behavioral assessments in conjunction with pre-employment tests to determine which candidates are the best fit for a job and your company culture.
- Video Response Questions: Evaluate skills that cannot be measured with a written assessment, such as verbal communication and foreign language abilities. Just record your questions and review candidates’ responses.
- Team Scoring: Allow your entire hiring team to score individual interviews based on criteria that you designate. Once all reviewers have provided feedback, you and your team can approve and automatically average the scores.
Pre-Employment Testing Features That Simplify Hiring
When we ask HR leaders how the eSkill Talent Assessment PlatformTM helps them simplify hiring, these are the features they mention most often.
- Streamlines and Simplifies Applicant Screening: Organizations often receive thousands of responses when they post a job. When candidates complete pre-employment tests, HR professionals save hours they would have spent manually reviewing resumes. They simply rank the results by score, identify the top applicants, and eliminate the unqualified applicants.
- Extensive Assessment Library: The eSkill Assessment Library includes hundreds of validated job- and subject-based pre-employment tests. HR professionals can use them “as is” or add and delete questions to meet specific job requirements.
- Customizable Employment Tests: HR teams love having the flexibility to build customized assessments because they can evaluate multiple skills using a single test. For instance, if they are recruiting for an administrative assistant job that requires strong MS Office® proficiency and familiarity with medical terminology, they can build an assessment using questions from the MS Word®, MS Excel® Medical Terminology, and Medical Typing skills tests.
- Simulations: New hires do not always assimilate well into a job, even if their assessment results indicate they have the right skills and experience. So, HR leaders use simulations that present applicants with job-related situations to see how candidates will perform if hired. For example, if you are hiring paralegals who will have extensive contact with clients, you can build an assessment that includes questions from the Paralegal Skills, eDiscovery Specialist, and Customer Service assessments and add Chat and Multitasking simulations to ensure they can respond to customers promptly and accurately.
- Video Response Questions: Many attributes, such as verbal communication and foreign language skills, cannot be measured effectively using written assessments. So, HR teams use video response questions to evaluate these skills. For example, if you are hiring technical support representatives, you need to assess candidates’ knowledge of the applications they will use and support. Evaluating their verbal communication skills is also important since they will provide phone and video-based support to users.
- Dedicated Assessment Expert: The eSkill Talent Assessment PlatformTM is so easy to use that you and your team can have it up and running in a day. However, you still have the peace of mind of knowing you can get help when needed. If you have an eSkill subscription, you are assigned a Dedicated Assessment Expert who can answer questions, help you create and deploy assessments, and provide assistance in developing department or company-wide hiring strategies.
Get Started With Pre-Employment Assessments
When you implement an industry-leading pre-employment assessment solution like the eSkill Talent Assessment PlatformTM, you take the guesswork out of hiring and reduce recruiting costs and time-to-hire. Many eSkill clients cut hiring costs by 70% and reduced time-to-hire by 60%.
Are you ready to learn how pre-employment testing can help you streamline and simplify your hiring process? Contact us to request a demo.